Baptist Center Church
  • Home
  • About Us
    • Meet Our Pastor
    • Staff/Leadership
    • History
    • Church Covenant
    • Beliefs
  • Visitors
  • Ministries
    • Sunday School
    • Worship Service
    • Women's Missionary Union (WMU) >
      • BCC Women Ministry
      • Hardee Sister Circle
    • Men
    • Baptist Center K!DS
  • Preschool
    • Preschool Registration
  • Online Giving
  • Contact Us
  • Calendar
  • Prayer Requests
    • Know Christ
    • 31 Days of continuous Prayers

Baptist Center Church
 est. 1871

Picture
About Baptist Center Church
 Our Building History
  • Friday July 28, through Sunday July 30, 1871
    Meetings held to constitute a new church in the center of four existing churches - Shiloh, Mt. Moriah, Bethesda, and Johnston Liberty (later named FBC, Clayton)
  • August 1, 1871
    An indenture grants land of J.H. and Sarah Duncan to Baptist Center Church trustees (filed in 1915)
  • September 1871
    A "tall, wide and long church building with separate steps leading up to the front entrances is built and opened for worship. There are three windows on each side and a large window behind the choir, which is directly behind the pulpit.
  • February 1911
    Land for a church cemetary is donated by Dr. george and Nellie Hood "in consideration of $50.00" paid by Baptist Center Church trustees (deed filed in 1912).
  • 1916
    The original church is torn down to make room for a larger facility.
  • 1921
    After being hampered over four years by WWI, the new church building is finally completed. It's sanctuary and four separate Sunday school rooms seat 200 persons. The total value (much of the labor and materials is donated) is $3000. The Baptist Center Schoolhouse holds services in the interim.
  • December 4, 1943
    The church is burned to the ground when an ash is accidentally dropped by a cleanup crewmember in the newly stacked wood box located inside the church.
  • June 1944
    The cornerstone is laid for the new building.
  • Fall, 1945
    The new facility is completed, debt free thanks to the generosity of members and neighboring churches. A baptistery is installed with a painting of the Jordan River donated by former pastor and his wife, Rev. and Mrs. Clarence Teague.
  • 1949
    The fire-scorched pews salvaged from the fire are replaced with new ones. 
  • February 1959
    The church borrows $3000 for a new fellowship hall and parsonage.
  • 1961
    The church fellowship hall is completed.
  • March 6, 1961
    The sanctuary is brick veneered for $6000 minus other needed repair costs.
  • February 28, 1965
    Stained glass windows are added throughout the main church building, paid by a window fund started May 6, 1964.
  • 1988
    Nursery addition (16x21).
  • September 1991
    Two classroom additions with bathroom facility (625 sq. ft.). Bid $20,840.
  • 1998
    Added a three-room portable unit for Sunday school rooms.
  • 2001
    ​Began renting house as Sunday school space.
Sunday Service
Sunday School: 9:15 AM 
Worship Service: 10:30 AM
​
Wednesday Service

Small Group: 10 AM & 7 PM
​
(Subject to change during summer months)

Saturdays
The Hour of Prayer: 8;00 am


Office Hours
Mondays - Thursdays
9:00am -1:00pm

Our Location
2163 Ranch Road 
Clayton NC 27520
Click here for turn by turn directions to our church

Contact
Phone: (919) 553-3119
Email us
  • Home
  • About Us
    • Meet Our Pastor
    • Staff/Leadership
    • History
    • Church Covenant
    • Beliefs
  • Visitors
  • Ministries
    • Sunday School
    • Worship Service
    • Women's Missionary Union (WMU) >
      • BCC Women Ministry
      • Hardee Sister Circle
    • Men
    • Baptist Center K!DS
  • Preschool
    • Preschool Registration
  • Online Giving
  • Contact Us
  • Calendar
  • Prayer Requests
    • Know Christ
    • 31 Days of continuous Prayers